Re: need help with Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: need help with Triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 01:45:49PM -0500, akp geek wrote:
> Hi All -
>
>           Can you please share your thoughts and help me ?
>
>          1.  I have 4 ( T1, T2 , T3, T4 ) tables where I have the data from
> a transactional system
>
>          2.  I have created one more table D1  to denormalize the data from
> the 4 tables ( T1, T2 , T3, T4  )
>
>          3. I have created function that returns trigger (TGR_1) .
>
>          4. I have create one trigger ( TGR_1) after insert or update on T1
> & T2.
>
>          5. Now when I insert data from the application, the save function
> will write data to T1 & T2.
>
>          6. The problem is the table D1 gets 2 rows, One with correct data
> and the other is Blank row.  I am not able to understand why I am getting a
> blank row.
>
> Any thoughts on this? Appreciate your help

well - without any kind of code to look at it's impossible to guess what
might be wrong.

please provide function source, so we can see if there is a problem.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/