Indexing error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Johann Spies
List pgsql-admin
I have used EnterpriseDB's MigrationWizard to migrate a mysql database.
Everything went well except for:

Error Creating Index fltx_all: ERROR: index row size 2816 exceeds maximum 2712 for index "fltx_all"
Creating Index: fltx_adr
Error Creating Index fltx_adr: ERROR: index row size 2768 exceeds maximum 2712 for index "fltx_adr"
Creating Index: FK_authlink1

I have seen some old references and bug reports to this 2712 limit.  Is
there a way to overcome it?

I am using 8.4.4 on Debian.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a
      trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the
      synagogues and in the streets, that they may have
      glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their
      reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left
      hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms
      may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret
      himself shall reward thee openly."       Matthew 6:2-4