Re: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Leif Biberg Kristensen
Subject Re: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dF9ZYmJoMGZGRGpxZ18xdG9OUGFqd3c6MQ

> GAH where is my eye bleach.

Apart from the horrible color scheme, I have to confess that I don't
understand most of the questions. I'd like to describe myself as an
"Experienced PostgreSQL user" as I've been fiddling around with it since 7.4,
but this questionnaire might as well have been written in Russian wrt my level
of understanding.

Those features that I do understand, such as "Windows 64-bit support",
"PL/Perl and PL/Python improvements" or "Automatic Join Removal for optimizing
ORM-generated queries" are of no importance to me. And an item such as "Red-
Black Trees for improved GIN index updates " is just plain humiliating. How
many persons on this planet knows what that is?

The item with the highest cool factor for me is probably the "Anonymous
procedure blocks with the DO statement" which I'm looking forward to try out.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen
http://solumslekt.org/blog/