Re: 9.0beta2 - server crash when using HS + SR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: 9.0beta2 - server crash when using HS + SR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 12:42:49PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think the behavior is correct (what else would we do? we must be
> able to replace the subsequent WAL records that use the new
> tablespace) but I agree that the hint is a little misleading.
> Ideally, it seems like we'd like to issue that hint if we're planning
> to restart, but not otherwise.  You get that same message, for
> example, if the DBA performs an immediate shutdown.

A bit of a comment from the sidelines: there's no particular reason why
the tablespaces on the master would need to match the tablespaces on
the slave. For a first cut it would seem to me that you should just be
able to ignore the tablespace commands on the slave. Not sure whether
that's easy or not though.

Have a nice day,