Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
* Stefan Kaltenbrunner (stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc) wrote:
> well that is an argument for providing not only --schema-only and=20=20
> --data-only but rather three options one for the table definitions, one=
=20=20
> for the data and one for all the constraints and indexes. So basically=20=
=20
> what pg_dump is currently doing anyway but just exposed as flags.

There was a big/long thread on this on -hackers a while back..  Perhaps
we need to go back and figure out what happened.  Have to admit, that's
one of the reason I like creating wiki pages for these kinds of, even
admittedly small, things.  Easier to find than searching the archive,
ime.  Of course, that'll probably change as more things get added to the
wiki. :)

    Thanks,

        Stephen