Re: failover vs. read only queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Takahiro Itagaki
Subject Re: failover vs. read only queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

> To fix the problem, when the trigger file is found, I think
> that we should cancel all the running read only queries
> immediately (or forcibly use -1 as the max_standby_delay
> since that point) and make the recovery go ahead.

Hmmm, does the following sequence work as your expect instead of the chanage?
It requires text-file manipulation in 1, but seems to be more flexible.
 1. Reset max_standby_delay = 0 in postgresql.conf 2. pg_ctl reload 3. Create a trigger file

BTW, I hope we will have "pg_ctl failover --timeout=N" in 9.1
instead of the trigger file based management.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center