Re: PostgreSQL elephant logo (+ derivatives) & save your logo - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL elephant logo (+ derivatives) & save your logo
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 07 June 2010 17:14:15 Thom Brown wrote:
> On 7 June 2010 19:30, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> >> Do you think there's an opportunity for PostgreSQL companies, or even
> >> the project itself, to get involved?  Or if not giving directly, to
> >> support/advertise elephant conservation efforts?  Our beloved elephant
> >> logo has served us well all these years, so maybe it's appropriate for
> >> us to help out our proboscideaic colophon.
> >
> > We have donated to the WWF as part of a charity auction before.
> >
> > However, we could not easily use non-profit PG funds for supporting
> > elephants.
>
> I agree that funds from the projects shouldn't be diverted into it.
> I'm wondering if there's a way to show support, or get
> PostgreSQL-based companies involved really.

Might I also give a pointer to the WildDB group, and thier African Elephant
Database, which is a set of open source software to be used in helping with
animal conservation efforts. They been using pgfoundry for some time with that,
and have recently gotten the source code up on githuib. This interested in
learning more or helping out, a good place to start is at
http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/wilddb-general/2010-May/000028.html

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net