Re: How do we get the Client-Time and Server-Time from psql ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian von Bidder
Subject Re: How do we get the Client-Time and Server-Time from psql ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 02 June 2010 13.46:47 Stephen Frost wrote:
> * raghavendra t (raagavendra.rao@gmail.com) wrote:
> > How do i get the client time and server time. I am connecting remotely.
> > If i give SELECT CURRENT_TIME;,it shows the server time. How do we get
> > the client time ?
>
> uh, \! date
> ?

Which is a feature of the psql cmdline frontend.  Unless Raghavendra either
only browses the db wit psql or does ugly stuff like driving the psql via
pipes, the \! escape is not available in applications using pg.
cheers
-- vbi

--
Today is Pungenday, the 7th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3176

Attachment