Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] dumping a specific TOC data block out of order is not supported without ID on this input stream (fseek required) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] dumping a specific TOC data block out of order is not supported without ID on this input stream (fseek required)
Date
In response to Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] dumping a specific TOC data block out of order is not supported without ID on this input stream (fseek required)  (Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Glyn Astill wrote:

> One thing I forgot to mention is that in the restore script I drop the indexes off my tables between restoring the
schemaand the data. I've always done this to speed up the restore, but is there any chance this could be causing the
issue?

Uh.  Why are you doing that?  pg_restore is supposed to restore the
schema, then data, finally indexes and other stuff.  Are you using
separate schema/data dumps?  If so, don't do that -- it's known to be
slower.