Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 03:22:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm@rice.edu> writes:
>
> > Andy, you are so me! I have the exact same one-and-only-one mission
> > critical mysql DB, but the gatekeeper is my wife. And experience with
> > that instance has made me love and trust PostgreSQL even more.
>
> So has anyone looked at porting MythTV to PG?

My understanding from perusing mailing list archives is that there have
been multiple attempts to provide a database neutral layer and support
different backend databases (mostly w/ PG as the driver) but the lead
developer has been something between disintrested and actively hostile
to the idea. I think this page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Support
say it all:
   deleted "PostgreSQL Support" (Outdated, messy and unsupported)

And the Wayback machine version:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080521003224/http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PostgreSQL_Support

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.                                 reedstrm@rice.edu
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166