Re: Hung postmaster (8.3.9) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed L.
Subject Re: Hung postmaster (8.3.9)
Date
Re: Hung postmaster (8.3.9)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Monday 01 March 2010 @ 17:26, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> >>
> >> Hmm, a user named @, or what?
> >
> > Yes, a bogus user:
> >
> > "@" "" ""
>
> Mph.  We really ought to fix things so that a quoted @ doesn't
>  get taken as an include file reference.  Odd that it's never
>  come up before.
>
> Anyway, if you still have any open superuser sessions, the
>  best thing would be an ALTER USER RENAME.  If you don't,
>  you'll have to resort to manually editing the pg_auth file,
>  and then rename the user as soon as you can get in.

Killed the stuck postmaster with sigkill, edited the file,
restarted postmaster, and it re-wrote the file with the bogus
entry.  I don't have any superuser sessions open.  Is there
another route?

Ed