Using nicknames on planet? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Using nicknames on planet?
Date
Re: Using nicknames on planet?
Re: Using nicknames on planet?
List pgsql-www
Hi,
I asked planet team to change "Hubert Lubaczewski" into "depesz" on
planet.postgresql.org, but was told that current policy doesn't allow
it, but it can be discussed. So I'd like to discuss possibility to
change the policy.

One of the most important reasons is that I much prefer using "depesz"
when it comes to anything technical. This makes the "brand" more
recognizable - for example - google has 87k pages for "depesz", and only
6.4k for "hubert lubaczewski".

Given the fact that on irc it is not very common to use full names - I
would say that it makes sense to allow same nicknames on planet - at the
very least to allow newcomers easily associate person from irc with
author on planet.

Best regards,

depesz

--