Re: What does this configure warning mean? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: What does this configure warning mean?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >>
> >> That's too subtle.  I wouldn't figure out what it means if my life
> >> depended on it (then again, it doesn't).
>
> > Well, "official" made no sense.  Bundled seemed similar enough to
> > "tarball".  What suggestion do you have?
>
> I think "bundled" is a completely unhelpful choice of word.  The natural
> response to reading that will be "bundled with what?".  We've been using
> the phraseology "official distribution" for years and only one person
> has expressed any confusion, so I do not think you have improved
> matters.

The term has to cover not only official releases but the snapshot files
we create.  Can't anyone come up with a term for this?

http://enterprisedb.comPG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do + If your life is a hard
drive,Christ can be your backup. +