Re: BUG #5272: PL/Python SELECT: return composite fields as dict, not str - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Steve White
Subject Re: BUG #5272: PL/Python SELECT: return composite fields as dict, not str
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi all,

Robert suggested that I start some documentation about limitations of
PL/Python.  Find attached.

I think it would also be good to explain the meaning of "trusted" regarding
PL/Python, and how it might impact the user.  There is already some
commented-out doc, and also something in the PL/Perl section.
Specifically, a user might want to know if it is actually dangerous to
use PL/Python, etc.  If it is dangerous, how, and for whom?  Where should
one be careful?

Cheers!

--
| Steve White                                             +49(331)7499-202
| e-Science / AstroGrid-D                                   Zi. 35  Bg. 20
| Astrophysikalisches Institut Potsdam (AIP)
| An der Sternwarte 16, D-14482 Potsdam
|
| Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Peter A. Stolz
|
| Stiftung privaten Rechts, Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: III/7-71-026

Attachment