Re: VACUUM WARNING: skipping "pg_statistic" --- only table or database owner can vacuum it - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ray Stell
Subject Re: VACUUM WARNING: skipping "pg_statistic" --- only table or database owner can vacuum it
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:35:27PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Ray Stell wrote:
> > Running 8.2.15 on RHEL4 the log reports this from autovacuum along with
> > other pg_ tables:
> >
> > VACUUM WARNING:  skipping "pg_database" --- only table or database owner can vacuum it
>
> Huh, that's pretty weird ... autovacuum is supposed to connect as
> superuser internally.  Did you do something funny to the system role
> (typically called "postgres")?

agreed.  If I did, I don't know what it was. I suppose I'm reduced
to creating a new cluster and restoring the apps into it, unless
somebody can suggest an audit method that would uncover the injury.