Re: Old/New - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Old/New
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 23 January 2010 7:51:28 am Bob Pawley wrote:
> I havn't been able to find documentation on how to use \d. When I open the
> psql interface (through either port ) it asks for a password but doesn't
> allow any entry of a password.

That would depend on the settings in pg_hba.conf, whether you have passwords
enabled for the connection or not. I am not sure what you either port? Are you
referring to the port address and the local socket?

> However, after my last e-mail to you, I came across something interesting -
> at least to me.
>
> I use pg_admin scripts to modify triggers.
>
> Looking through pg_admin at all of the triggers on the p_id.processes table
> I just happened to click on the trigger we have been discussing and then
> clicked its refresh button.
>
> Using the same update statement and the same After Update trigger that
> inserted two rows into p_id.devices it now inserted only one row and that
> row was the correct row.
>
> I don't know enough about the interaction between the unrefreshed copy of a
> trigger held by pg_admin and the updated trigger installed in the server to
> comment - however there does seem to be a connection of which I wasn't
> aware.

Can't help you there I don't use pgAdmin.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com