Re: Build farm tweaks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Build farm tweaks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> > I mentioned earlier that buildfarm member jaguar (that's the one that
> > builds with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS) was showing suspicious intermittent
> > failures.
>
> Tom, this brings up another question: is there any flag, environment,
> forced resource limitation, etc. that you or others would like to see
> in the build farm? I'd be happy to apply anything to my animal, for
> example, as it's running on a fairly standard Linux distro and I'd
> like it to be more 'useful'.

At the very least I think we would benefit from more cache-clobbering
animals.  (It'd be nice to display that flag in the buildfarm dashboard
too ...)

BTW I find it a bit surprising that we have more 8.3 animals than 8.4
... I guess this is just because there's no auto-add of branches to
animals when new major versions are released.