Re: Very simple password for DB administrator - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Achilleas Mantzios
Subject Re: Very simple password for DB administrator
Date
List pgsql-admin
Στις Tuesday 12 January 2010 10:33:56 ο/η N K έγραψε:
> By default, all connections to DB are restricted by only local ones. I use
> the only superuser with non-standard name and very simple password - "one"
> or "two", for example. Connection to DB is established over SSH. Is it safe
> such technique?

Why do you want a simple password? How about protection against your local (Unix) users?
They could:
SELECT * from pg_user ;
and then try a dictionary attack on the password.

--
Achilleas Mantzios