Re: how much left for restore? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian von Bidder
Subject Re: how much left for restore?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 08 January 2010 11.28:15 Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> It would be enough just knowing which part of the file is being
> restored (without causing too much extra IO, that will definitively
> put my notebook on its knee).

Highly platform dependent, but has helped me a lot recently with various
(non-pg) tasks: on recent Linux, /proc/<pid>/fdinfo/ contains the current
file pointer, so you can see how far in the dump file pg has read.
(Assuming the restore reads the dump file just once from start to finish.)

Same problem as the other solutions with index creation etc. of course.

cheers
-- vbi

--
And those meanies used what we said to you and they misconstrued it to
mean what we said, and that's so unfair.

Attachment