Re: pgsql2shp usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anisha Kaul
Subject Re: pgsql2shp usage
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 09 January 2010 19:03:59 Randall Thompson wrote:
> The Attribute Tables for a shape file are stored in .DBF format which has a
> restriction that field names are only ten characters long, so the warnings
> are simply informing you that those field names that are longer than 10
> characters are being truncated.  The projection definition indicates that
> the output spatial reference system (900913) is a variation of the Mercator
> projection which is used by Google Maps, Bing Maps, and other web map
> services.  So, these are not lat/long coordinates.
>
> Randall Thompson
> Castle Rock GIS

Many thanks to you for bothering to reply !

As you said that they are not the latitude/longitude coordinates, please guide me, if you can, that where should
I get the information regarding the projections w.r.t map of india stored in the shape file ?

--
Regards,
Anisha Kaul

Hi-Tech Gears Limited, Gurgaon, India