Re: Minimizing disk space - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian von Bidder
Subject Re: Minimizing disk space
Date
List pgsql-general
Heyho!

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 18.26:05 Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > With this in mind: what can we tune to minimize diskspace (RAM-disk
> > space) usage?

[thanks to all for your input!]

> Wow, here are some things but honestly Pg may not be the DB you are
> looking for.

Well, parts of the code are shared with a server side component, which we
already ported from Oracle to pg, so licensing costs aside we were hoping
avoid having to maintain yet another different type of db backend (build up
know how, ...)

But if using pg won't work, I guess sqlite (or Ingres, which I haven't
worked with before) would be an alternative.  Although, for example with
SQLite, I'd have to check carefully if we don't need more features than it
has ...

cheers
-- vbi

--