Re: Pattern Matching doc - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Pattern Matching doc
Date
List pgsql-docs
Michael Toews <mwtoews@sfu.ca> writes:
> I've noticed two issues with the 8.4 documentation, see:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/functions-matching.html

> Firstly, search for "///". This should only have two slashes "//".

You mean \\\, right?  Yeah, that's bogus ... not actually incorrect,
but the third backslash is redundant.

> Secondly, search for "An RE cannot..." after the table named "Regular Expression Atoms". I think this should be
changedto "A regular expression pattern cannot..." (or alternatively, "A pattern cannot...".

The constructs "the RE" and "an RE" are all over that section, and the
abbreviation is defined right at the top.  I think expanding them all
would just make it longer, not more readable.

            regards, tom lane