Re: Changing recovery.conf parameters into GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Changing recovery.conf parameters into GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> The desire to move recovery.conf/trigger to a different directory is
> definitely wanted by our Debian contingent.  Right now, the fact that
> Debian has all .confs in /etc/, but that it doesn't work to relocate
> recovery.conf, is a constant source of irritation.

It seems like this is confusing two different problems.

If we get rid of recovery.conf per se in favor of folding the settings
into GUCs in the regular config file, then the first aspect of the issue
goes away, no?  The second aspect is where to put the trigger file, and
I'm not at all convinced that anybody would want the trigger file to be
in the same place they put external config files, mainly because the
trigger has to be in a server-writable directory.