Re: Installing PL/pgSQL by default - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Installing PL/pgSQL by default
Date
List pgsql-general
Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2009-12-04, Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

> > The complaint is that if plpgsql is installed by default, then it will
> > be owned by postgres rather than by the db owner, who will then not be
> > able to drop it or use grant/revoke on it.
>
> The same problem is had with schema public...

It seems to me that the solution to both problems is to be able to run
some script after database creation to fix permissions of such things.
This was proposed eons ago by Fabien Coelho IIRC but rejected because no
way to implement it was found.