Re: [Bacula-users] Catastrophic changes to PostgreSQL 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerome Alet
Subject Re: [Bacula-users] Catastrophic changes to PostgreSQL 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 10:54:07AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Anyway, it'd be nice if Bacula would convert file names to utf-8 at the
> file daemon, using the encoding of the client, for storage in a utf-8
> database.

+1 for me.

this is the way to go.

I understand people with an existing backup history won't be very happy
with this unless you provide them the appropriate tools or instructions
to convert their database's content, though.

bye

--
Jérôme Alet - <jerome.alet@univ-nc.nc> - Centre de Ressources Informatiques
      Université de la Nouvelle-Calédonie - BPR4 - 98851 NOUMEA CEDEX