Re: cvs chapters in our docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: cvs chapters in our docs
Date
Re: cvs chapters in our docs
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> I have to say I'm not really impressed by the idea of removing things
> from our documentation and replacing them with pages on the wiki.  The
> documentation is better-written and easier to navigate.  Yeah, the
> part about 28K modems is pretty silly, but we can fix that without
> throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

Wow, we mention 28k modems --- we are legacy software:  ;-)
    This initial checkout is a little slower than simply downloading    a <filename>tar.gz</filename> file; expect it
totake 40 minutes    or so if you have a 28.8K modem.

http://enterprisedb.com