Re: obtaining ARRAY position for a given match - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: obtaining ARRAY position for a given match
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:47:02AM -0800, Scott Bailey wrote:
> Sam Mason wrote:
> >Is "idx" really the best name for this?
>
> Well I used idx() because there was already a idx(int[], int) function
> with the _int contrib module.

I don't remember ever using that before, hence my question.

> In other languages, it is assumed you are looking for the first index.

Huh, they seem to don't they, even my old stalwart of pedantry, Haskell,
follows form here.  Not sure why I'd never noticed before, "idx" is
looking more and more sensible!

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/