Re: problem with layout on archives.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: problem with layout on archives.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 04:23:27PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:32:42AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > > Yeah.  Please see this thread with a proposed fix that didn't work for
> > > me (I'm no CSS expert):
> >
> > i'm not sure if i like the approach.
> >
> > fixing the problem by forcing breaks, while initially the problem arises
> > because layout is fixed width, and forcibly centered, doesn't look nice
> > for me.
> > i'll ask fellow css gurus how to solve it, and if we'll find some way,
> > i'll gladly send patch.
>
> I understand the point and I think that fixed-width-centered webpages
> are a stupid idea to start with, but I'm not going to mess around with a
> core idea of our web design.

fair enough. anyway - my css guys said that what i want it not possible,
so i think i'll stick with custom stylish (plugin) rules for my firefox.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/