Re: Backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Uwe Schroeder
Subject Re: Backups
Date
List pgsql-general
Personally I prefer multiple stages of backups off-site.
So for my production webserver database, I have slony replicating the database
to a different location. In addition I run full dumps every 12 hours which in
turn I replicate using rdist to a remote system. That way, whatever happens,
the max data loss in the worst case scenario is about 12 hours - which for my
application is acceptable.
Oh, yes, forgot to mention: the replicated database also gets dumped and goes
onto a tape every day.