Re: createlang error(s) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: createlang error(s)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 12:12:50AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> John Burski <snowcritter@charter.net> writes:
> > I got my postgresql build from the from a Novell SuSE Linux repository
> > (mirror.susestudio.com).
>
> > Here's the result of a run of ldd against the plperl.so file:
>
> >     linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
> >     libperl.so => not found
>
> File a bug with the SUSE packager.  "Medium broil" would be about right.
> Don't they test their packages?
>
> > I copied the "libperl.so" file from its original location to the
> > "/lib" directory and tried the "createlang" command again - SUCCESS!
>
> OK as a short-term workaround, but that's no excuse for it not being
> right to start with ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

I've had this problem, too, though I hate to admit that I haven't actually
filed a bug already SUSE. I was fairly far removed from the actual
installation in that case, if it's any excuse ;) Anyway, I can confirm you're
not the only one having this problem.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation