Re: libpq - extending PQexecParams/PQexecPrepared to specify resultFormat for individual result columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Fetter
Subject Re: libpq - extending PQexecParams/PQexecPrepared to specify resultFormat for individual result columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:00:29PM +0100, Ivo Raisr wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I hacked PostgreSQL 8.4.1 libpq and added a new function to specify
> resultFormat for individual result columns.
> Are you interested in a patch?

New features only go into git head (aka CVS TIP), so for future
reference, only patch that.  One of the ways PostgreSQL has earned its
reputation for stability is by never adding a feature to a released
version :)

> (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/libpq-exec.html
> says: There is not currently a provision to obtain different result
> columns in different formats, although that is possible in the
> underlying protocol.  So I made this possible.)

How?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!