Re: Parsing config files in a directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Date
Re: Parsing config files in a directory
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Tom Lane escribi�:
> >> Personally I think this is just a matter of usage.  If you want to use
> >> SET PERSISTENT, don't set values manually in postgresql.conf.
>
> > I agree, except that some things are defined in postgresql.conf by
> > initdb and you probably want to be able to change them by SET PERSISTENT
> > anyway (e.g. lc_messages, listen_addresses, shared_buffers)
>
> Well, initdb would also find it a lot easier to dump its settings into a
> machine-generated file.  I don't think we have to continue doing things
> exactly the same way there.

Hmm, so it would create a "00initdb.conf" file instead of the current
mess with search & replace on the template?  That sounds good.

(But to me this also says that SET PERSISTENT has to go over
00initdb.conf and add a comment mark to the setting.)