Re: COPY enhancements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: COPY enhancements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gokulakannan Somasundaram escribió:

> Actually this problem is present even in today's transaction id scenario and
> the only way we avoid is by using freezing. Can we use a similar approach?
> This freezing should mean that we are freezing the sub-transaction in order
> to avoid the sub-transaction wrap around failure.

This would mean we would have to go over the data inserted by the
subtransaction and mark it as "subxact frozen".  Some sort of sub-vacuum
if you will (because it obviously needs to work inside a transaction).
Doesn't sound real workable to me.