Re: Can't find documentation for ~=~ operator - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject Re: Can't find documentation for ~=~ operator
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Viktor Rosenfeld <listuser36@googlemail.com> writes:
> > I can't find the documentation of the ~=~ operator anywhere on the
> > PostgreSQL homepage.
>
> Which version's documentation are you reading?  It's gone as of 8.4.

I realize that, but I have to use 8.3 right now and can't find it in
that manual either.

The only hit for ~=~ when searching the docs of 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4 is the
following link:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-12/msg00477.php

When I search for xxx_pattern_ops (which, if my memory is correct, was
part of the page that described ~=~) I get section 11.9 (Operator
Classes and Operator Families) as a hit, but that page doesn't contain a
table of operators either.

Cheers,
Viktor