Re: full text + snowball + ispell? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: full text + snowball + ispell?
Date
List pgsql-general
Le vendredi 09 octobre 2009 19:31:56, Dominic Bevacqua a écrit :
> Hi
>
> This is probably a naive question, but what would I gain from using
> snowball and ispell dictionaries in tsearch2, as described here:
>
> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/tsearch-V2-intr
> o.html
>
> ?

this description is only relevant for postgresql where tsearch is not in the
core.
Actually, the core already have snowball stemmer.

Anyway, you can rebuild the snowball with some more custom rules if needed, or
.. well many things are possible, but pg 8.3 and 8.4 come with a full
functionnal text search by default.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données