Re: Embarassing GROUP question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Embarassing GROUP question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 06:12:20PM -0500, Corey Tisdale wrote:
> We also weren't adding image data to blobs, we were bit mapping
> faceted data to blob and shifting to allow people to shop by artist or
> color or subject matter across millions of posters. Normalized tables
> just weren't cutting it, and bit shifting up to 32 bit was crazy fast.

Just out of interest; have you tried PG's support of fancier index
types?  HStore or intarray would appear to help with what you're doing.
Not quite sure what you're actually doing so my guess could be a long
way off!

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/