Re: Standalone backends run StartupXLOG in an incorrect environment - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Standalone backends run StartupXLOG in an incorrect environment
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Fixing this will require rearranging things around InitPostgres
> (in particular, I think InitBufferPoolBackend will have to be
> called directly from postgres.c).  Since that code got rearranged
> quite a bit last month, I'd be hesitant to try to back-patch whatever
> fix we come up with for HEAD.  Seeing that we'd never noticed the
> problem before, I think it's okay to fix it just in HEAD and not
> risk back-patching ... comments?

So if you need to enter standalone mode, you'll have to start
postmaster, wait for replay to finish, stop it and restart standalone.
Would this be a problem when you need standalone mode in an emergency,
for example when the database won't start due to Xid wraparound?
Frankly I don't have a problem with no backpatching but ...