Re: pg_hba.conf: samehost and samenet - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf: samehost and samenet
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stef Walter wrote:
> [Looks like my response to this never made it to the mailing list,
> sending again...]

Your original message did not carry a Message-Id header, and neither
does this one (at least the copy I got).  Are you doing something weird
to the message?  This worries me, because we intend for message-ids to
become our primary keys into the archives, and we rely very heavily on
them (for example on the commitfest webapp at
http://commitfest.postgresql.org).

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > 2009/8/25 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
> >> Something to keep in mind -- my getifaddrs(3) manpage says that on BSD
> >> it can return addresses that have ifa_addr set to NULL, which your code
> >> doesn't seem to check.
>
> Thanks for catching that. I've added a check, and attached a new patch.

[...]