Re: mirror getting: access denied to pgsql-ftp on rsync.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dieter Plaetinck
Subject Re: mirror getting: access denied to pgsql-ftp on rsync.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:16:31 +0100
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Dieter Plaetinck
> <dieter@kangaroot.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We have a box that has been set up as a mirror for postgresql for
> > already a few years.
> >
> > I was just checking and found out that our rsync script hasn't been
> > working for already a while
> >
> > Starting Sync to rsync.postgresql.org at Mon Sep 14 16:15:02 CEST
> > 2009 Logfile in /home/mirror/log/pgsql-ftp-2009-09-14--16-15.log
> > @ERROR: access denied to pgsql-ftp from mirrorhost.kangaroot.net
> > (62.213.203.174) rsync error: error starting client-server protocol
> > (code 5) at main.c(1383) [receiver=2.6.9]
> >
> > We're getting these errors consistently and from looking quickly,
> > it seems they started somewhere around january this year.
> >
> > This is the command we use:
> > /usr/bin/rsync --address=62.213.203.174 -avz --delete
> > rsync.postgresql.org::pgsql-ftp/* /home/mirror/pub/postgresql
> >

> > How can we resolve this?
> >

> > Btw, I couldn't find a "documentation for mirrors" page.
> > I did find
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2005-05/msg00049.php, but
> > I'm not aware of a *.postgresql.org dns pointing to us
>
> The howto is at http://www.postgresql.org/mirror/howto/. All of our
> mirrors are assigned a hostname when they're setup on our system -
> though the DNS entry may be removed if a mirror falls out of sync (at
> which point the administrator will start to get warning emails from
> our mirrorbot). What country are you based in?

We're from Belgium.
I'm not sure which e-mail adress we specified when we started being a mirror,
but it was probably (or at least it should have been) support@kangaroot.net

Our dns is postgresql.mirror.kangaroot.net
and I just saw in our apacheconfig a serveralias ftp2.be.postgresql.org
(which doesn't resolve anymore, I guess we're taken out)

Dieter