Re: Implementation of GROUPING SETS (T431: Extended grouping capabilities) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: Implementation of GROUPING SETS (T431: Extended grouping capabilities)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:19:25AM +0400, Олег Царев wrote:
> After week-lengthed investigation, now i 'm sure - my level of
> qualification not enough for implementation task "GROUPING SETS".
> I require documentation about the executor and the planner, i can't
> understand scheme of work by source code.
> Many code, many cases, but very little information "what is it" and
> "how thos work". May be i stupid.

I doubt you're stupid; a stupid person wouldn't know what GROUPING SETS meant,
wouldn't bother finding out, and certainly wouldn't bother trying to implement
it. It's very helpful that you've let us know you're not working on it. That
way Pavel, if he finds he has time and interest, or someone else, can work on
it without fear of conflicting with what you're doing. Thanks for your work;
please don't get discouraged!

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation