Re: MySQL Compatibility WAS: 8.5 release timetable, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: MySQL Compatibility WAS: 8.5 release timetable, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jean-Michel Pour� wrote:
> To tell you how lazy MySQL people are is my last experience in the
> Drupal world. In short, on my devel server, Drupal previous/next link
> display SQL script returns 21.000 rows.

Yes, we have seen this too.  We have always targeted serious database
developers, and those wanting to be serious.  It is difficult to cater
to MySQL eccentricities and maintain a serious database offering.

http://enterprisedb.com