Re: Generating random unique alphanumeric IDs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Generating random unique alphanumeric IDs
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 04:00:54PM +0200, Harald Fuchs wrote:
> In article <20090816122526.GW5407@samason.me.uk>,
> Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> writes:
>
> > I've just had a look and PG does actually seem to be returning values as
> > I'd expect, i.e. 0 <= n < 1.
>
> That's what everyone would expect.  If it's really implemented like
> that the documentation is wrong, isn't it?

Yup, the code is doing the right thing.  I submitted a patch to the docs
and Tom committed a, somewhat more readable, version of it last night.

  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-08/msg00197.php

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/