Re: WIP: getting rid of the pg_database flat file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: WIP: getting rid of the pg_database flat file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 12 August 2009 02:30:53 Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I'd also like to look into getting rid of the pg_auth flat file.
> > That would be sad for many users of pgbouncer.
> Really?  And how would pgbouncer be depending on that?
One can currently use a copy of that file for its authentication (which it does
seperately).
I actually don't see a big problem there  - if its contents change often its
not safe to use that file from outside anyway, and in the other case you easily
can update it with a select...

Andres