Re: Alpha releases: How to tag - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Alpha releases: How to tag
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
>
> > Is it strictly necessary that its release cycles match exactly those
> > of the database engine, or would it be OK for it to release as needed,
> > not triggering a major PostgreSQL release?
>
> Well, pg_migrator already released an 8.4.1 ...

Well, actually at 8.4.4 right now, but who's counting.  It is clear that
pg_migrator has to be separate so it can rapidly address deficiencies
without being tied to database server releases.  We found a problem with
arrays/composites/enums two days ago and had it fixed/detected in 24
hours.

http://enterprisedb.com