Re: postgresql and syslog

From: Alvaro Herrera
Subject: Re: postgresql and syslog
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

postgresql and syslog  (Ibrahim Harrani, )
 Re: postgresql and syslog  (Robert Haas, )
  Re: postgresql and syslog  (Michael Nacos, )
   Re: postgresql and syslog  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Michael Nacos escribió:

> I would be very surprised if logging had a significant overhead any method
> you choose. there's probably something very wrong with your setup if this
> is the case.

Either something very wrong, or the load is extremely high.  In the
latter case perhaps it would make sense to ship syslog to a remote
machine.  Since it uses UDP sockets, it wouldn't block when overloaded
but rather lose messages (besides, it means it has low overhead).