Re: PostgreSQL-License - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: PostgreSQL-License
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 03:02:14AM -0700, Nenad Milasinovic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am interested can PostgreSQL be used in commercial applications,
> and what is licensing policy. I know that PostgreSQL is released
> under BSD licence, but still i want to be sure are there any costs
> when distributing PostgreSQL in closed, commercial applications (is
> there any restrictions when database is bigger than 4G).

The only monetary costs you incur when using PostgreSQL in proprietary
products are those you incur yourself: developing it, marketing it,
distributing, collecting funds, etc.  The only way you would lose the
rights to your license to use the code would be by violating the terms
of that license.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence.html

Cheers,
David.