Re: Vote on Windows installer links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Rob Napier wrote:
> Bruce
>
> Excellent rationalizing. Only thing I am not sure I agree with is that there
> is a consensus of opinion on EDB's level of advertising in this case.

I was not saying there was a "consensus of opinion", only that we
normally need that to take action.

There is a consensus that no one likes advertising, but when it costs us
to remove it, it becomes a more complex issue.

> The only thing I am sure of is that there are at least two points of view on
> this.
>
> You mention a policy on advertising, self-promotion etc. Is it in a
> document? Where can I get a copy of that?

No, there is no policy.  We kind of just all agreed in the CertFirst
case, and I assume future actions will use a similar procedure.  We have
dealt with far more complex cases in the past, and everything seems to
come out fine.