Re: EDB taking over? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: EDB taking over?
Date
Re: EDB taking over?
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 07 July 2009 21:38:06 Simon Riggs wrote:
> We should either
> i) remove it
> ii) auction/openly charge for the advertising space
> iii) have a credits or sponsors list

While I have occasionally spoken up about this, I'm not sure how to formulate
a fair set of rules that can apply to everyone.

The page in question is this: <http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux>.  We
do promote an Ubuntu package there, for example.  And even though Ubuntu
installers are not typically graphical, I don't think anyone would really
notice or complain if these packages printed out a notice, "Ubuntu packages
made by Canonical".

And then how is this different from "One-Click Installer made by
EnterpriseDB"?