Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include' directive - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Schuller
Subject Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include' directive
Date
Re: BUG #4894: [patch] documentation bug on 'include' directive  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> >> What generic error?
>=20
> > Error: Invalid line 496 in /etc/postgresql/8.3/main/postgresql.conf: =
=C2=BBinclude 'filename' =C2=AB failed!
>=20
> > This is with a Debian PostgreSQL 8.3.
>=20
> There is no such error message in Postgres 8.3 (or any other version).
> I speculate that you are dealing with some bit of Debian-provided script
> that tries to parse the config file but doesn't know enough to do it
> correctly.

You are entirely correct, it was the Debian init scripts trying to
parse the config file. My apologies for wasting your time. I should
have confirmed where the error message came from.

--=20
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org