Re: Managing multiple branches in git - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > The only reason Tom sees a single line history is because he uses an
> > addon tool for CVS called cvs2cl: see <http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/>.
> > It's not part of CVS, and I'm not sure how many others use it. I sure
> > don't.
>
> FWIW, I believe Bruce uses some version of it as well.  It's our main
> tool for dredging up the raw data for release notes.

I use pgsql/src/tools/pgcvslog because it gives me exactly the
information I need for the release notes.  It can even suppress items
that appeared in backbranch commits (because those changes already
appeared in a backbranch release).

http://enterprisedb.com